Terms & Conditions
We kindly ask our guests to attentively read the following Terms of Contract. The content is regularly adapted to current laws that might have changed.
Manya Africa Tours Ltd. (MAT) organizes all kinds of journeys within East Africa. The region MAT operates in comprises of Uganda as the country of residence of the company, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi. Other countries will follow in the future and can be requested.
MAT additionally appears as an agency and procures the services of others such as travel operators, hotels, camping sites, lodges and other hires.
Please consider with all bookings the holidays the main travel times etc. in the countries of each destination.
We want to refer you to the general standard of hygiene conditions, service and security in all African countries and caution that it does not always matches the ones in your home countries. Despite that, traveling in most parts of Africa holds no special risk. Sensible travel precautions are all that is required.
1. General Conditions
Once a contract is agreed upon, e.g. you registered for a journey or paid a deposit or the full amount on MAT’s bank account, the following conditions are committed to.
Terms of Contract that are not listed below but are agreed on, have to be written and shared with all partners. Any changes or ineffectiveness of one or more Terms of Contract automatically leads to the ineffectiveness of the whole contract.
MAT reserves the right to unpaid changes in the travel-program.
2. Place of Jurisdiction
MAT’s headquarter is in Kampala, Uganda and therefore the company is subject to the legislation of the Republic of Uganda only.
Since MAT also offers journeys from other travel agencies as well as hotels, camping sites, lodges etc., in those cases their individual conditions count.
3. Booking and Payment
Booking can be done in written form, via e-mail, telephone or fax.
The basis of every booking is concrete details according to the desired destinations and activities and about each person traveling, such as:
- Number, names and age of all travel companions inclusive passport-data,
- Telephone-numbers (e.g. mobile and land line) and e-mail address,
- Duration of journey,
- Details about food as in the case of Vegetarians or persons with Special Diets or Allergies
Relevant and precise details pertaining to health conditions.
Manya Africa Tours Ltd. confirms the legality of all details according to tours and prices. In case of complications occurring because of irregularities or incorrect specifications MAT accepts no responsibility.
By confirming a booking, the traveler agrees to a contractual relationship with MAT and a deposit of 30% of the total is required. The deposit is to be made immediately, the latest being after 7 working days.
The money needs to be banked by using the booking number given. Once the money is received, MAT confirms the booking (travel contract).
Important: After the deadline expires, the contract is not valid anymore and needs to be arranged again.
The total amount needs to be banked on our account (banking information as mentioned above) at least 4 weeks before the journey starts.
In special cases the total amount will have to be paid immediately. Such are:
- Journeys during the Main (Peak) season (1st June to 30th of August and 1st of December to 30th of January)
- When Gorilla tracking only is booked
- Air travels
- Bookings that are made within less then 8 weeks before the start of the journey
After receiving the whole payment, our clients obtain a valid booking confirmation. If the full payment is not given within the deadline, MAT reserves the right to disengage from carrying out the journey and will ask for payment of the total.
In case the journey was not carried out the way it was agreed on, the client has got a right of repayment. However, the repayment can not be irrelative since otherwise MAT reserves the right to deny it. MAT also denies the repayment in those cases where the client did not insist on the failures of the contract during the journey and therefore did not give MAT a chance to address them.
The repayment for the Gorilla Permit is not possible or only there is very limited possibility due to the regulations of the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA). Please compare Gorilla Tracking.
Do also compare 6. Cancellation
All prices of our offers do contain all services listed within each offer. Apart from that, they do include hidden services such as taxes those of third parties. Other excluded items will be listed at the end of the program.
Those costs not included in the price have to be taken care of by the client. MAT reserves the right to raise the price agreed on in the contract due to certain conditions. In those conditions that are unavoidable and in spontaneous situations where a raise in prices occurs, and it is out of MAT control such as:
- Exchange rate of currencies,
- Official charges,
- Hotel and or accommodation.
The total will only be raised in the instances caused by the factors mentioned above and MAT will inform its guests either immediately or at least 3 weeks before the start of the journey. The client reserves the right to withdraw from the journey without payment of compensation in case the total is raised by more than 10%. Clients also reserve the right to receive an offer for an alternative journey of the same value.
6.1 On the Part of the Tour Operator Cancellation of the contract on the side of MAT can happen due to the following reasons:
- Acts of nature, e.g. natural disaster, legislative orders, terrorism, strikes, problems due to weather conditions, outbreaks of epidemics, in case of war or similar conditions which do not allow traveling,
- In the case where the minimum number of travelers is not met.
In these instances we either offer an alternative journey or the full price will be refunded.
In case the contract needs to be annulled due to:
a. Incorrect or incomplete data of the travellers,
b. Payments that are not done within the deadlines or not in the installments agreed upon,
- during the journey, no refund can be made, or only after compensation is deducted. All additional costs need to be met by the client.
6.2 On the Part of the Client
Cancellation of the contract from the client’s end is possible at any time before the journey commences. The termination has to be done in written and the deadline is determined by MAT’s reception of the letter or e-mail. MAT reserves the right to ask for compensation. The following percentage of the total per person will be considered:
- termination between 49 to 40 days before 30 % or deposit
- termination between 39 to 30 days before 50 %
- termination between 29 to 20 days before 70 %
- termination between 19 to 10 days before 80 %
- termination between 9 to 0 days before 100 %
Due to special wishes of the guests that where considered during the arrangement and calculation of the tour, these percentages can change drastically since services of third parties can be involved.
MAT offers to change one’s reservation in case one client can not travel and wants to send another client to take over the contract. Additional costs that might occur have to be taken care of by either the old or new client. MAT reserves the right to deny this form of change of reservation due to security reasons, official regulations or orders. In all cases of changes of reservations a general fee of 100$ or about 84€ will be levied.
We advise all clients to get holiday cancellation insurance etc. before starting the journey.
All claims to liability have to be communicated within a deadline of 30 days after the journey ended. The claims have to be forwarded in written form and the date of reception will be considered by MAT. Once the deadline is over, the client can only communicate the claims after proving that there was an acknowledged obstacle that prevented the communication of the claims within the deadline. After one year all chance to bring up claims are expired.
MAT accepts liability for:
- Thorough and professional organization of the journeys,
- Accuracy of all services mentioned in the offer,
- Organization, reservation and availability of all services agreed on in the contract,
- Fulfillment of the contract and planned course of events,
- Careful and tested choice of the services of third parties,
- Completion, security and functionality of the agreed equipment used.
- Restrictions of Liability
In case the Terms of Contract are not met, the amount guaranteed can not exceed the maximal amount of the total price of the journey. No personal injuries are included.
Cases in which MAT can not be held liable:
- MAT is just an agent for third parties, airlines included,
- Accidents or death during sport activities such as mountain climbing, biking, motor-biking, diving, rafting, trekking etc. as agreed on in the tour or done in private,
- The traveler is harmed un-intentionally or through neglect.